Recently Google pushes a new firmware update for many Nexus devices which is Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L factory image for Nexus 7 2013 is now available for download and install. As always, we have also attached a beginner installation guide of this Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L factory image on Nexus 7 2013. Though, Google already pushed an OTA update but If you yet to receive OTA notification in your Nexus 7 2013 device then download this official factory image and manually install (sideload) it on Nexus 7 2013 using our guide. After installing this firmware you will lose the root access, however in our next article we will add how to root Nexus 7 2013 running on official Android 4.4.3 KitKat build KTU84L. This new update bring security enhancements as well as various bug fixes. One notable change is /system
write protection outside of recovery context is not present in 4.4.3. Moreover, Dalvik is still the default runtime compiler—for now.
: How To Root Nexus 7 2013 On Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L
This tutorial is only for Nexus 7 2013. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Though official firmware don’t erase existing data but we still recommend you to backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 7 2013 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Nexus 7 2013. [Guide
5. You must already installed ADB & Fastboot. Follow this guide: How To: ADB & Fastboot Setup
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L factory image on Nexus 7 2013.
(Download by clicking on it)
- Download Android 4.4.3 Image for Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi)
How to Install Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L Factory Image on Nexus 7 2013
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Now turn off your Nexus 7 2013.
- Now, boot into Fastboot or Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract downloaded factory image on your computer. Go to the folder razor-KTU84L and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
- Now perform following task depending on your OS. All mentioned files located within Fastboot folder.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Wait for the installation process to complete it, you may require to follow onscreen instruction in your Nexus 7 2013.
- Once the installation process completed, your device will reboot automatically. The first boot usually take more time, so wait for it.
Congrats! Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L factory image is now installed and running on your Nexus 7 2013.