Nexus 10 recently received KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat firmware update and many of you probably updated your device by flashing official factory image. Those who yet to receive an OTA update can follow our manual installation guide Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L on Nexus 10
. After flashing or updating to Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L factory image you probably looking for an easy way to root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat build KTU84L. You can easily root your Nexus 10 using below guide.
There are various benefits of rooting Android devices
including ability to access system files, can over clock or under clock with the help of kernel or app and many more.
In this guide we will use a tool called Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2
. With this tool root is oneclick away from Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L. You can also install custom recovery (CWM recovery or TWRP Recovery) using same tool and if you wish you can also unroot Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat. When you click on Root
button on Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit, it basically perform following task:
- Unlock the bootloader
- Boot/flash into an alternate recovery
- Use that recovery to flash a Superuser recovery zip
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 10 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Nexus 10. [Guide
5. Download Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2
Steps To Root Nexus 10 On Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L
Step 1: Connect your Nexus 10 To Computer. Wait few seconds to allow your computer to recognize it.
Step 2: Now open Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2
. Wait few seconds to allow toolkit recognize your device then click on big Root button to start the process. You may require to follow onscreen instruction.
That’s it! Your Nexus 10 that’s running on latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L is now rooted. You can use the same tool to install custom recovery or you can visit this page: Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets)