You can now update your HTC Sensation to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat. An unofficial version of CM11 which is based on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat is developed by Sultanxda (donate
) is now available. You can download and install custom firmware CM11 on your HTC Sensation. Since, HTC Sensation is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, CM11 going to be a great experience for you. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 custom ROM on HTC Sensation.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
Few More Custom ROM For HTC Sensation
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
- Uses 3.4 kernel based off of SebastianFM's 3.4 kernel and patched by me (kernel features are listed in the 3rd post)
- Fully-functional camera using PMEM camera drivers and libraries
- 596MB of usable RAM
- Uses ION memory allocator for audio, display, video playback, etc. (ION everything except for camera)
- CAF KitKat framebuffer drivers
- CAF KitKat ION drivers
- CAF KitKat display HAL
- Hardware vsync
- No Maps 7 glitches, Google Chrome glitches, Browser glitches, Gmail glitches, etc.
- SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled and set to Enforcing for better security
- Uses the newest Adreno (graphics) libraries and firmware available
for our platform (these graphics libraries are newer than the graphics
libraries in any other ROM; they are designed for Android 4.2 (MR1))
- Removed many hacks designed for old graphics
- Adreno libraries version: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA_04.02.02.060.051
- Updated RIL to 4.0.0056HMQ (thanks to Noobel)
- HTCZ715E's WiFi region code fix (region code will no longer reset to USA after a reboot)
- Video playback
- Self-powered USB OTG
- Native USB OTG
- Recent apps switching
- Mobile network
- All sensors (accelerometer, proximity sensor, etc. work)
No major bugs
This tutorial is only for HTC Sensation. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- Some issues with VoIP reported (this happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
- Shortcuts for apps stored on SD card disappear from the launcher
homescreen after a reboot (also happens with all KitKat ROMs on the
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Sensation in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and HTC Sensation. [Guide
5. Your device have latest CWM version 188.8.131.52 and up or TWRP 184.108.40.206 and up installed. [Guide
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 ROM on HTC Sensation.
(Download by clicking on it)
- CM11 For HTC Sensation [Filename: cm-11-20140329-Sultan-3.4-pyramid.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: GApps_Standard_4.4.2_signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 ROM on HTC Sensation
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your HTC Sensation.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power
button together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery
[use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select]. Alternatively
try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the CM11 Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the GApps_Standard_4.4.2_signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your HTC Sensation and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM CM11.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM CM11 is now installed and running on your HTC Sensation. [Note
: Root is turned off by default in CM ROMs, you must enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings]. [source