An easy to follow guide to root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R smartphone than running on official firmware is now available at True Android
. Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R is a budget smartphone and the newest member of Galaxy Ace family. It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. If you recently updated your device to latest official firmware or if you want to root it then you can follow our guide that we elaborated below. To achieve our purpose, we will first flash custom recovery ClockworkMod recovery and then flash the root file. Continue reading this tutorial to know how to root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R running on official Android firmware.
A rooted device allow you to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as push the limitation that comes with stock firmware. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. However, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can only regain it by following proper unroot process. You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices
Before jumping into rooting of Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R, first we have to go through some pre-requisites.
: This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though root don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R. [Guide
How To Root Galaxy Ace 3 Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R
- Download Odin v3.09 and Touch recovery.tar and Root.zip.
- Copy Root.zip to your Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R SD Card.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that touch.tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
- Now boot your Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together. You will soon see CWM recovery v6 touch friendly interface.
- In recovery, Select Install zip from SDcard , Select choose zip from SDcard then select root.zip.
- Select reboot to system now.
Congrats! You just rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R running on official firmware.
You can also root your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R using alternate method described below without flashing CWM recovery. This alternate method also good for those who unable to install CWM recovery package that we added above.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R
- Download and install this Chinese universal rooting program from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Now follow onscreen guide as shown in the images below:
If everything done right then you have rooted your Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7275R. Check if Superuser app is now installed on your phone. If you want to install different superuser app and replace that Chinese app then:
- Download SuperUser by ChainsDD from here (playStore). Or
- Download SuperSU by ChainFire From here (PlayStore).
Many recommend SuperSU as it’s faster. If asked , update binary , so your new Super User app become active. If Not Asked , Update the Binary Manually :
- In SuperUser go to [Info] tab then update / In SuperSU it Should update automatically.
Now download Root Uninstaller from here
and then uninstall Chinese Superuser app using root uninstaller.
To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker
” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets)