With Nexus 5 launch, Google introduced Android 4.4 KitKat and since then every smartphone owner with device having a minimum of 512 MB memory finding a way to try it out. However, not everyone is lucky enough because not every device get developer support. Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 (T-Mobile) user should not worry but should rejoice as we now have Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM for Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679. Don’t get too excited! The build is still under development hence many thing may not work the way it should. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4 KitKat based DarkCM custom ROM on Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679.
: How To Install Android 4.4 KitKat On Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 via CM11 Unofficial
Some of the cool Android 4.4 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- CyanogenMod Based for Stability and Speed
- Audio DSP from OmniRom
- Full Kitkat Colors (Black and White)
- Swap Memories Enable - Disable Partial Features on Low Ram Devices
- Trds 3.0 Ported from PAC-man/Slim Rom
- Scrolling Cache Improve Option
- No Intrusive InCallUI
- Background InCallUI
- Battery Saver Mode 3G/2G when Display is off and Data is On
- Status Bar Network Speed
- Lockscreen Blur Ported from PA
- Flip to Mute/Reject Call Direct Call
- AppBar or Sidebar WIP Active Display (If you have pocket mode enable you will be use more battery because the proximity sensor is working all the time)
- RamBar and RambarColors
- New Switch ON/OFF Buttons
- Dark Calendar App
- Show AM/PM on clock Thanks to @Madridii
- DarkCM platlogo and DCM wallpapers thanks to @Racun
- More features will be coming (Remember the ROM is still WIP State)
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679. [Guide
5. Your device have latest ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide
] If you running on older CWM recovery version then flash CWM 220.127.116.11 Zip (download
) to get latest recovery.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4 KitKat based DarkCM ROM on Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679.
(Download by clicking on it)
- DarkCM Android 4.4 KitKat ROM For Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 [Filename: darkcm-11-20140329-UNOFFICIAL-ancora_tmo.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131102-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat based DarkCM ROM on Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679.
- Now, Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave the buttons. You should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the DarkCM Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131102-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679 and boot up into rooted Android 4.4 KitKat ROM DarkCM.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4 KitKat firmware based custom ROM DarkCM is now installed and running on your Galaxy Exhibit II 4G SGH-T679. [via XDA