Its now possible to update your Xperia Go to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the help of custom firmware Omni. You probably already know Sony Xperia Go ST27i/a can be updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean officially, hence custom ROM is the only option to try the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The latest version of Omni is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and fully support Xperia Go. Xperia Go comes with an impressive hardware spec which make it capable to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly. Continue reading this guide to learn how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Omni custom ROM on Xperia Go.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
This is an unofficial release build by wan5xp
Please note, this is very early build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Xperia Go. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Xperia Go in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Xperia Go. [Guide
5. Your device have latest CWM version 18.104.22.168 and up or TWRP 22.214.171.124 and up installed. [Guide
6. Bootloader is unlocked.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based OmniROM on Xperia Go.
[First time KitKat user may require to do this: extract the ROM to get boot.img
file first and then copy the boot.img
file to Fastboot directory. Connect your device and flash boot.img
using Fastboot (Download
). Command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
then fastboot reboot
(Download by clicking on it)
- Omni Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM For Xperia Go [Filename: omni_lotus-ota-eng.wan5xp.Build1.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140217-signed.zip]
- SuperSU [Filename: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip]
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Omni ROM on Xperia Go
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Xperia Go.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, reboot phone and press Volume Up button few times while booting. [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select in recovery]. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the OmniROM Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140217-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- Once the installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip file instead of ROM zip to root this ROM.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Xperia Go and boot up into rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Omni.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM Omni is now installed and running on your Xperia Go.[source