Update your HTC Desire (GSM) to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat by installing custom firmware CM11. HTC Desire launched in the year of 2010 with Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair) which is upgradable to v2.2 (Froyo). We already shared few Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs. And now we are here with Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11. CM11 ROM is one of the most used custom ROM. There is also a theme manager to enhance the look of your user interface. You can download and install custom firmware CM11 on your HTC Desire. Since, HTC Desire is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, CM11 going to be a great experience for you. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 custom ROM on HTC Desire.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
As said already, this ROM build is still under development and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for HTC Desire. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Desire in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and HTC Desire. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP 220.127.116.11 and up or 4EXT recovery installed. [Guide]
6. An hboot with at least 250mb on system.
7. A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
8. Your device is rooted.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 ROM on HTC Desire.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM CM11 is now installed and running on your HTC Desire. [Note: Root is turned off by default in CM derived ROMs, you must enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings][via XDA]