You can now download and install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware MIUI V5 4.1.3 on your Lava Iris 458q. Cross a88 Dev group recently ported MIUI V5 4.1.3 ROM to Cross Andromeda A88 smartphone, that also work with Lava Iris 458q and Xolo q600. This is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware. The best thing about MIUI V5 4.1.3 ROM is, its come with various themes that completely change your using experience. Since it comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean you don’t going to lose your existing Android version but enjoy it various customization. MIUI V5 4.1.3 builds comes with so many customization that you won't see in a stock firmware and can't just avoid. We summed up a detail installation tutorial of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MIUI V5 4.1.3 custom ROM on Lava Iris 458q below.
This tutorial is only for Lava Iris 458q. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Lava Iris 458q in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Lava Iris 458q. [Guide].
5. Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP recovery Installed.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MIUI V5 4.1.3 ROM on Lava Iris 458q.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- MIUI V5 4.1.3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Lava Iris 458q [Filename: miui2.zip] | Mirror 1
- Google Apps [Filename: miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip]
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MIUI V5 4.1.3 ROM on Lava Iris 458q
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Lava Iris 458q.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons together. Soon you will see your custom recovery screen. In recovery use volume keys to jump between options and Power button to select it. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the miui2.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Lava Iris 458q and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM MIUI V5 4.1.3. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM MIUI V5 4.1.3 is now installed and running on your Lava Iris 458q. [source]