Download I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
official firmware for SGH-I337. UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat latest official firmware update for AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337, rolled out for AT&T customers in USA; and can also be downloaded for a manual update. You can also update your device to this firmware through KIES or via OTA update. The device comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box, later updated to Android 4.3 Jelly bean and now is your chance to update your device to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Its an much awaited updated specially after Galaxy S4 I9500 and I9505 received official Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean few days back. Continue reading this guide to learn how to get official stock I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware running on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
. Nearly all possible ways to update your device to this firmware is discussed here (at True Android
). One thing you should note that flashing or installing official firmware restore kernel hence your root access will be void, in short it will unroot it. Flashing official UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware can unbrick your device. If it unable to unbrick your soft brick device then find full firmware that contain .pit, Bootloader, PDA, Phone and CSC files. You can always root this firmware using a proper root method that available at True Android
or else where.
How To Root AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Running On UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Rooting Tutorial
: If you find a root method but confused whether to go for root or not then you should read: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices
. This firmware can be rooted using Kingo App.
I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware available on both OTA and Kies update. However, if you can’t get it from there then you can always flash I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 manually. We will discuss all available update methods. You should always try OTA or Kies method first and when both method don’t work then only try manual flashing.
: This tutorial is only for AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though official firmware restore all existing data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation such as bootloop fix.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. [Guide
: You can always backup your device data using official utility Kies but we recommend you to backup data manually. A manual backup allow you to transfer data to any other manufacturer Android powered device such as HTC One or Xperia Z1. If you have custom recovery installed such as TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery then use its backup feature which is better than any other backup we mentioned already as this backup create an image of whole system that you can restore later. You can think it like a system restore point in Windows.
Few Notes Before Flashing I337UCUFNB1 Official Firmware
- You will lose installed custom ROM such as CM11, AOKP, Avatar, Beanstalk, Omni ROM, Slim ROM, Pac-Man, Paranoid Android, LiquidSmooth or Carbon after flashing official firmware. Custom ROM will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- You will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery if you have any. Custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery. We will soon write on how to install ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP recovery on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. [Try search box at sidebar to find it]
- Your device no longer belongs to rooted device once you install this firmware. We will soon write on how to root AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. [Try search box at sidebar to find it]
- Though official firmware update usually not erase any system data if flashed over an official firmware but we advise you to follow our per-requisites mentioned on previous page as precaution.
- This firmware released by Samsung and flashing of this won’t increase binary counter.
- Extract downloaded archive only once and not twice. Most firmware zip that we added here only contain one single .tar.md5 files. In case, you find additional files with BL, CP and CSC as prefix then add those files in respective filed in Odin.
- If you see “MD5 hash value is invalid” in Odin message box then you need to re-download the firmware.
How To Update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 via OTA
- First of all make sure you have stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network) on your device.
- Now, go to Android app drawer and then select Settings.
- Then locate About Device and tap on it.
- Next select Software update from About device screen.
- Then tap on Update option.
- You should see an update, press OK to download and install. (Remember, download using 3G or network data will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Soon your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
If you see “The latest update have already been installed” massage while checking update then your device yet to receive an OTA update. Check back within few days or jump to next procedure.
How To Update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 via Kies
- Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
- Now download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
- You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device yet to receive the latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.
How To Update AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 via OTA ZIP
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat i337UCUFNB1 OTA For AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (Mega Mirror)
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
- Now copy downloaded zip file to external or internal SD Card. You can now disconnect it from computer.
- Now boot into recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button
together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave the button. You
should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate
between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try
this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard (or /sdcard1 for external storage). Now, locate the downloaded OTA Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 3 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The OTA update process will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat official I337UCUFNB1 build.
Previous Official Firmware for AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
Sorry! We yet to cover any.
Custom ROM for AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
: You can install any firmware listed below despite availability in other countries, except those which comes with carrier name
[Resumable and Torrent link will only be added when available from trusted source]
* I337UCUFNB1 Stock Firmware List Last Updated On February 27, 2014.
I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware Downloads
Odin flash link coming soon, try above OTA ZIP flashing procedure till then.
How To Install I337UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat On AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Manually
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just updated your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 to UCUFNB1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Go to Settings > About device
to verify this firmware update.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
If AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after Step 11 then follow below instructions:
- Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
That’s it! Let us know about your latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat experience.