Update Motorola Droid 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. However, this isn’t an official firmware but custom firmware or ROM. The ROM we talking about is LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM. We already shared many best ROMs for Motorola Droid 3 [code name solana] and LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM going to extend the list. The ROM mainly known for its various useful features including Linaro 4.9 GCC Toolchain, Custom animation controls, Active Display, Slims QuickSettings, Halo and many more. You can download and install custom firmware LiquidSmooth v3.0 on your Motorola Droid 3. Since, Motorola Droid 3 is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, LiquidSmooth v3.0 going to be a great experience for you. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth v3.0 custom ROM on Motorola Droid 3.
LiquidSmooth v3.0 Key Features:
As said already, this ROM is still going through development and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid 3. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid 3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid 3. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery Installed. Or have latest CWM version 22.214.171.124 and up or TWRP 126.96.36.199 and up installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM on Motorola Droid 3.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM LiquidSmooth v3.0 is now installed and running on your Motorola Droid 3. If you stuck on LiquidSmooth v3.0 boot logo more than 5 minutes then go back to recovery and perform Step 5 (wiping task) few more times before rebooting your device.