Update HTC Evo 3D (GSM) to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. However, this isn’t an official firmware but custom firmware or ROM. The ROM we talking about is LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM. We already shared many best ROMs for HTC Evo 3D (GSM) [code name shooteru] and LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM going to extend the list. The ROM mainly known for its various useful features including Linaro 4.9 GCC Toolchain, Custom animation controls, Active Display, Slims QuickSettings, Halo and many more. You can download and install custom firmware LiquidSmooth v3.0 on your HTC Evo 3D (GSM). Since, HTC Evo 3D (GSM) is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, LiquidSmooth v3.0 going to be a great experience for you. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth v3.0 custom ROM on HTC Evo 3D (GSM).
LiquidSmooth v3.0 Key Features:
- Linaro 4.9 GCC Toolchain
- O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
- ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
- Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
- Slims DPI on the fly
- Custom animation controls
- TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
- Active Display
- Slims QuickSettings
- Halo (Renamed to bubble in settings)
- Ram Bar
- T-Mobile Theme Engine
- Privacy Guard
- Built in SuperUser
- Working wifi Tethering
- Cell Broadcasts
- Slims Configurable Power Menu
- Slims Configurable Nav Bar
- Gamma Configuration support
- Custom animation controls (Listview)
- LockScreen Notifications
- And way more than this...!
As said already, this ROM is still going through development and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for HTC Evo 3D (GSM). Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC Evo 3D (GSM) in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and HTC Evo 3D (GSM). [Guide].
5. Your device have latest 4EXT Recovery installed. [Guide]
6. Do not use superwipes. Rom flashing required HBOOT : 1.49.xxxx.
7. Your device must be S-Off and have Radio : 11.77.3504.00P_11.25.3504.06_M get it from HERE. Flash radio through recovery first.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM on HTC Evo 3D (GSM).
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LiquidSmooth v3.0 For HTC Evo 3D (GSM) [Filename: LS-KK-v3.0-2014-02-20-shooteru.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip] or any other 4.4 KitKat GApps
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based LiquidSmooth v3.0 ROM on HTC Evo 3D (GSM)
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your HTC Evo 3D (GSM).
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select]. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, tap on wipe & format, then tap on wipe data/factory reset. You now need to confirm your action by taping on Yes button to start the process. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Once done, you will see wipe & format screen, this time choose wipe cache & dalvik, you need to confirm your action when asked.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard (or /sdcard1 for external storage). Now, locate the LiquidSmooth v3.0 Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by taping on it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on reboot now and then tap on required reboot option to reboot your HTC Evo 3D (GSM) and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM LiquidSmooth v3.0.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM LiquidSmooth v3.0 is now installed and running on your HTC Evo 3D (GSM). If you stuck on LiquidSmooth v3.0 boot logo more than 5 minutes then go back to recovery and perform Step 5 (wiping task) few more times before rebooting your device.