You can now download and install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom firmware MoKee 42.2 on your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. This is an unofficial build ported by PolishVodka. MoKee ROM known for various cool features including HALO, PIE, ListView Animation and transparency options. Since the ROM is based on CM10.1, you will enjoy all CM10.1 features by installing it along with MoKee’s own features. MoKee 42.2 builds comes with so many customization that you won't see in a stock firmware and can't just avoid. We summed up a detail installation tutorial of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MoKee 42.2 custom ROM on Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 below.
MoKee 42.2 Key Features:
- All CM10.1 features
- ListView Animations
- transparency options
- choose storage place when installing apps
- direct call
- network speed meter in status bar
- operator name in status bar
- tiles per row option
- sleep timer in Music app
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. [Guide].
5. Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide]
6. To install any custom ROM 4.1+ you need official JB from Samsung before (read: I8160XXNA1 Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware For Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - How To Guide) and install CWM Recovery then. If you are already on any custom ROM, just read installation process.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MoKee 42.2 ROM on Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- MoKee 42.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 [Filename: MoKee42.2_I8160_11022014.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based MoKee 42.2 ROM on Galaxy Ace 2 I8160
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold down Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together. Soon you will see your custom recovery screen. In recovery use volume keys to jump between options and Power button to select it. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the MoKee42.2_I8160_11022014.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM MoKee 42.2. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM MoKee 42.2 is now installed and running on your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. [source]