You can now update your Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Google recently introduced Android 4.4.2 KitKat a many Nexus models but that build is not much customized. CyanogenMod team recently introduced Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 build for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. You can download and install custom firmware CM11 on your Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. Since, Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, CM11 going to be a great experience for you. With nightly build you will receive update daily and bugs are fixed faster as well as new feature introduced regularly. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 custom ROM on Motorola Droid Bionic XT875.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. [Guide
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery installed.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 ROM on Motorola Droid Bionic XT875.
(Download by clicking on it)
- CM11 For Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 [Filename: cm-11-20140101-NIGHTLY-targa.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-kk-20131119.zip]
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CM11 ROM on Motorola Droid Bionic XT875
- Connect your smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone.
- Now boot into Safestrap recovery. To do so, first press power button to turn device on then after the Motorola splash screen, you should see the Safestrap screen. The Safestrap screen should show Safestrap Disabled in red, Recovery at the bottom left, and Continue at the bottom right. Tap on Recovery button on the Safestrap main screen to boot into Safestrap recovery mode.
- Now it’s time to set up a ROM slot for CM11. To do so, tap on Boot Options and in the very next screen tap on ROM-Slot-1. Now set the data partition to a minimum of 1GB unless you planning to install tons of apps and games. The other two partitions – system and cache are default and cannot be changed. Wait for the partitions to get set up.
- Once the process completed, your ROM slot is ready. Which means it will boot from that new slot from now on. All we have to do now, install a ROM on that slot, which in our case is CM11.
- Press the home button to return back to the main screen. Now tap on Install and navigate and select cm-11-20140101-NIGHTLY-targa.zip. On the next screen, slide the button to confirm the installation.The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose CyanFox-Gapps-2013-12-15.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM CM11. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM CM11 is now installed and running on your Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. [Note
: Root is turned off by default in CM ROMs, you must enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings].