Google rolled out new KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update (OTA) to
Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi recently. This KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat update comes with various
software fixes. If you yet to receive an OTA update then you can always download
the original firmware and flash it manually. The zip file that we added in
download section can be flashed using both stock as well as custom recovery
(CWM/TWRP). However, you can only flash it if you are using unmodified version
of earlier firmware which is KRT16S Android 4.4 KitKat [read: Install Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S Factory Image - How To
]. Unmodified means, you didn’t remove any system file.
You may have a rooted device with custom recovery installed. To learn how to
flash this KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update, continue reading this
guide to know how to update Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi from KRT16S Android 4.4 KitKat to KRT49H
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware
Root Guide: How To Root Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi On Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat KRT49H–Easy Guide
This tutorial is only for Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi. Don’t try this guide on any other
Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the
instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very
unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as
it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an
app like Battery
Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi in your PC. [Download
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer
file between PC and Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi. [Guide
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow
step-by-step guide on how to install KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update
on Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi.
(Download by clicking on it)
- KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update For Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi
How to Install KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded file to
the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Power key
together and release the Power key once the Google logo appears, but keep
holding the Volume Down key. You will be in Bootloader mode now. Press Volume
Down two times so that Recovery option appears, and then press Power key to
reboot into recovery mode. Use Volume keys to browse between options in
recovery while Power key to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery
Mode without Key Combination.
- [If using CWM recovery] Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that
you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your
previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the
next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after
backup is complete.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from
sdcard. Now, locate the KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat Zip file
that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button.
Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next
screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select
reboot system now to reboot your Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi and boot up into KRT49H
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
- Returning to Previous ROM [in case using CWM recovery]: To go back to
your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then
restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! KRT49H Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update is now installed and
running on your Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi.