As expected Android 4.4.1 KitKat based CM11 nightly (official) build now
available for download. You can download and install custom firmware CM11 on
your LG Optimus G Pro E980. After the launch of Nexus 5, nearly all device
owners with good hardware spec willing to upgrade their devices to Android 4.4.1
KitKat. However fact is, in most cases either you won’t get it right now or will
not see it ever. The CyanogenMod team known for offering latest Android version
to your device where possible. Since, LG Optimus G Pro E980 is capable enough to
run Android 4.4.1 KitKat, a CM11 nightly build is available now. With nightly
build you will receive update daily and bugs are fixed faster as well as new
feature introduced regularly. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading
this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.1 KitKat based CM11 custom ROM on
LG Optimus G Pro E980.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.1 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen
Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc
devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the
new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive
on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen
Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone
dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it.
All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a
This tutorial is only for LG Optimus G Pro E980. Don’t try this guide on
any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due
to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is
very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the
instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an
app like Battery
Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for LG Optimus G Pro E980 in your
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer
file between PC and LG Optimus G Pro E980. [Guide
5. Your device have latest ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow
step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.1 KitKat based CM11 ROM on LG
Optimus G Pro E980.
(Download by clicking on it)
- CM11 For LG Optimus G Pro E980 [Filename:
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-kk-20131119.zip]
How to Install Android 4.4.1 KitKat based CM11 ROM on LG Optimus G Pro
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to
the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your LG Optimus G Pro E980.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up & Power
until fastboot screen appears, then press Volume Down twice, then press Power to
boot recovery [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select].
Alternatively try this: Recovery
Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if
this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform
a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select
Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory
reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait
few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main
menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select
Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from
sdcard. Now, locate the CM11 Zip file that you copied earlier
in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by
selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM
installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the
gapps-kk-20131119.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select
reboot system now to reboot your LG Optimus G Pro E980 and boot up
into Android 4.4.1 KitKat ROM CM11.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into
recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by
selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.1 KitKat firmware based custom ROM CM11 is now
installed and running on your LG Optimus G Pro E980.