Google recently rolled out latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for many Nexus devices. The official 4.4.2 KitKat is mostly AOSP release without much customization. If you want to enjoy a customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S3 I9300 then flash or install Omni custom ROM. The latest version of Omni rolled out recently which is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and fully support Galaxy S3 I9300. Galaxy S3 I9300 comes with an impressive hardware spec which make it capable to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly. Continue reading this guide to learn how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Omni custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
Please note, this is very early build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 I9300 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S3 I9300. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest CWM version 220.127.116.11 and up or TWRP 2.6.1 and up installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based OmniROM on Galaxy S3 I9300.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM Omni is now installed and running on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
Labels: Omni ROM