You probably already knew that custom ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat required latest ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 or higher version. We soon going to cover Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy W I8150, that’s why we decided to write an installation process of CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy W I8150.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy W I8150. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy W I8150 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy W I8150. [Guide].
5. Your device is rooted. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy W I8150.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy W I8150 and you are now free to test latest Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs as well as old ROMs on your Galaxy W I8150. To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together. You should see the CWM recovery menu soon. [source]
Labels: Custom Recovery