Recently Google pushes a new firmware update for many Nexus devices which is Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H factory image for Nexus 4 is now available for download and install. As always, we have also attached a beginner installation guide of this Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H factory image on Nexus 4. Though, Google already pushed an OTA update but If you yet to receive OTA notification in your Nexus 4 device then download this official factory image and manually install (sideload) it on Nexus 4 using our guide. After installing this firmware you will lose the root access, however in our next article we will add how to root Nexus 4 running on official Android 4.4.2 KitKat build KOT49H.
Related: How To Root Nexus 4 On Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
This tutorial is only for Nexus 4. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Though official firmware don’t erase existing data but we still recommend you to backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 4 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Nexus 4. [Guide].
5. You must already installed ADB & Fastboot. Follow this guide: How To: ADB & Fastboot Setup
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H factory image on Nexus 4.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H factory image is now installed and running on your Nexus 4.