Sony Xperia Z now received Android 4.4.1 KitKat update through custom firmware OmniROM. Google recently rolled out Android 4.4.1 KitKat firmware for Nexus devices but that was AOSP release means low customization. Sony Xperia Z comes with an impressive hardware spec which make it capable to run Android 4.4.1 KitKat smoothly. You can now enjoy Android 4.4.1 KitKat on your Sony Xperia Z by flashing OmniROM. The OmniROM is an Android 4.4.1 KitKat based ROM which comes with various customization along with Android 4.4.1 Jelly Bean’s default features. Continue reading this guide to learn how to install Android 4.4.1 KitKat based Omni custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.1 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
Please note, this is very early build and you should expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a better build.
This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Sony Xperia Z in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Sony Xperia Z. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest CWM version 220.127.116.11 and up or TWRP 2.6.1 and up installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.1 KitKat based OmniROM on Sony Xperia Z.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
Congrats! Android 4.4.1 KitKat firmware based custom ROM Omni is now installed and running on your Sony Xperia Z.
Labels: Omni ROM