Updating Verizon LG G2 VS980 to latest and customized Android 4.4.2 KitKat is
now possible with Cyanfox 2.0.1 custom ROM. Google recently introduced Android
4.4.2 KitKat on many Nexus models but that build is not much customized. Cyanfox
v2.0.1 is based on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and build using CM11 source. The
main attention point of Cyanfox ROM is, its light-weight than most other
aftermarket Android firmware. The official Cyanfox 2.0.1 custom ROM is now
support Verizon LG G2 VS980. You can download and install custom firmware
Cyanfox 2.0.1 on your Verizon LG G2 VS980. Since, Verizon LG G2 VS980 is capable
enough to run Android 4.4.2 KitKat smoothly, Cyanfox 2.0.1 going to be a great
experience for you. Apart from light-weight other key features of this Android
4.4.2 KitKat based ROM are theme chooser, dark UI, Navbar, status bar and navbar
customization and screen recording. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue
reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Cyanfox
2.0.1 custom ROM on Verizon LG G2 VS980.
Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen
Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc
devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the
new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive
on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen
Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone
dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
As said already, this is a test build and you should expect some bugs in it.
All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a
This tutorial is only for Verizon LG G2 VS980. Don’t try this guide on any
other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to
the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is
very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the
instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an
app like Battery
Notifier BT Free
on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Verizon LG G2 VS980 in your PC.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer
file between PC and Verizon LG G2 VS980. [Guide
5. Your device have latest CWM version 22.214.171.124 and up or TWRP 126.96.36.199 and up
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow
step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Cyanfox 2.0.1
ROM on Verizon LG G2 VS980.
(Download by clicking on it)
- Cyanfox 2.0.1 For Verizon LG G2 VS980 [Filename:
- Google Apps [Filename:
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Cyanfox 2.0.1 ROM on Verizon LG G2
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to
the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Verizon LG G2 VS980.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume down
& Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then
press the Power button three times!. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate
between option and Power to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery
Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if
this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform
a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select
Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory
reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait
few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main
menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select
Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from
sdcard. Now, locate the Cyanfox 2.0.1 Zip file that you copied
earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm
installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The
ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the
CyanFox-Gapps-2013-12-15.zip file instead of ROM zip to install
the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select
reboot system now to reboot your Verizon LG G2 VS980 and boot up
into Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM Cyanfox 2.0.1.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into
recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by
selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based custom ROM Cyanfox 2.0.1 is now
installed and running on your Verizon LG G2 VS980.