You can now download and install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based custom firmware CM10.2 on your Galaxy S4 mini I9190. CynogenMod Team started to roll out nightly version of CM10.2 that enable Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-I9190. The good thing about nightly version is, it updated daily, hence existing issues are fixed much faster. Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean comes with various new feature over previous Jelly Bean release, hence you may always love to try it. CM10.2 builds also comes with so many customization that you won't see in a stock firmware and can't just avoid. We summed up a detail installation tutorial of Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 custom ROM on Galaxy S4 mini I9190 below.
Some of the cool Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean features that you will enjoy is permission manager, virtual surround sound, an improve dial pad, better Linux kernel, can establish Bluetooth pairing with low power devices, control user account with restricted profiles, trim feature that not let your phone slow with time and more.
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S4 mini I9190. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S4 mini I9190 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S4 mini I9190. [Guide].
5. Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 ROM on Galaxy S4 mini I9190.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM10.2 Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S4 mini I9190 [Filename: cm-10.2-20131118-NIGHTLY-serrano3gxx.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based CM10.2 ROM on Galaxy S4 mini I9190
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy S4 mini I9190.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave the button. You should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the cm-10.2-20131118-NIGHTLY-serrano3gxx.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy S4 mini I9190 and boot up into customized Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM CM10.2. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM CM10.2 is now installed and running on your Galaxy S4 mini I9190.