Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based latest PAC-man ROM is available for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. The ROM considered as a true all-in-one ROM. PAC-man ROM is combination of three super ROMs which is Paranoid Android, AOKP and CyanogenMod. The ROM basically packs all the tweaks from the three super ROMs into one. Hence, very good for those who want to have a ROM that bring all big 3’s features. Despite having so many feature PAC-man ROM still fast and smooth. We summed up a detail installation tutorial of Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based PAC-man custom ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 below.
Some of the cool Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean features that you will enjoy is permission manager, virtual surround sound, an improve dial pad, better Linux kernel, can establish Bluetooth pairing with low power devices, control user account with restricted profiles, trim feature that not let your phone slow with time and more.
- JellyBean 4.3.1 – JLS36I
- PA 3.99-RC2
- CM 10.2
- AOKP MR-2
- PhoneUI, TabletUI, PhabletUI
- Latest Version Nightly Builds
- All Feautures from PA
- All Features from CM
- Most Features from AOKP
- Parts from Slim Bean
- Parts from Rootbox
- Parts from Carbon
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. [Guide].
5. Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide]
6. Your device is already rooted. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based PAC-man ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- PAC-man Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 [Filename: pac_p3110-nightly-20131110.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based PAC-man ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110.
- Now, Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave the button. You should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the pac_p3110-nightly-20131110.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and boot up into customized Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM PAC-man. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM PAC-man is now installed and running on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110.