You can now download and install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based custom firmware LiquidSmooth v2.37 on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. LiquidSmooth developer team recently introduced LiquidSmooth v2.37 that enable Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. This Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM LiquidSmooth v2.37 build using CM10.2 source but comes with various extra features. Few of the key features of LiquidSmooth v2.37 ROM is, customizable hardware and software keys, transparent navbar and status bar, customizable power menu and Theme engine. We summed up a detail installation tutorial of Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based LiquidSmooth v2.37 custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250 below.
Some of the cool Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean features that you will enjoy is permission manager, virtual surround sound, an improve dial pad, better Linux kernel, can establish Bluetooth pairing with low power devices, control user account with restricted profiles, trim feature that not let your phone slow with time and more.
LiquidSmooth v2.37 Key Features:
- Google 4.7 GCC Toolchain
- O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
- ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
- Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
- Customizable lockscreen buttons/sliders
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Notification power widget
- Customizable quicksettings panel
- Statusbar mods
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
- And way more than this...
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Nexus I9250. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Nexus I9250 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Nexus I9250. [Guide].
5. Your device have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide]
6. Your device is already rooted. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based LiquidSmooth v2.37 ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- LiquidSmooth v2.37 Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy Nexus I9250 [Filename: Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-maguro.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based LiquidSmooth v2.37 ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Power key together and release the Power key once the Google logo appears, but keep holding the Volume Down key. You will be in Bootloader mode now. Press Volume Down two times so that Recovery option appears, and then press Power key to reboot into recovery mode. Use Volume keys to browse between options in recovery while Power key to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the Liquid-JB-v2.37-OFFICIAL-maguro.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 6 but choose the gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy Nexus I9250 and boot up into customized Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean ROM LiquidSmooth v2.37. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM LiquidSmooth v2.37 is now installed and running on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.