Want to try out both Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and latest Sense 5.5 on your HTC One (All Variant)! Then you are in right place. This cool combo is now possible with AndroidNow NG ROM which is based on latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as well as feature Sense 5.5. Along with various other features, it also comes with Aroma Installer which allow you to customize this ROM more. To learn how to flash this ROM, continue reading this guide to know how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based AndroidNow NG custom ROM on HTC One (All Variant).
As said already, this AndroidNow NG ROM works on all HTC One variant including International, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. You can choose your device model during installation through Aroma.
Some of the cool Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features that you will enjoy is permission manager, virtual surround sound, an improve dial pad, better Linux kernel, can establish Bluetooth pairing with low power devices, control user account with restricted profiles, trim feature that not let your phone slow with time and more.
AndroidNow NG ROM Features:
- New Base 3.62.401.1
- Android 4.3
- Sense 5.5
- OpenGL ES 3.0
- Updated Kernel
- Updated Aroma Installer
- Keyboards WWE
- Added HTC TaskManager
- Added HTC File Explorer
- Ability to turn off BlinkFeed
- Improved BlinkFeed
- Improved UI Experience
- Audio improvements
- Camera improvements
- Updated OEM Apps
- Many visible UI changes
- Add Battery 100%
- Add Advanced Power Menu -(Multilingual)
- Add hEQS Reorder (long press on date area), change style minor/pquinqu/none (press on date area)
- Add HTCPowerManager - disabled PowerSaver notification
- Add Sound Mod ViPER4Android FX
- Add Beautiful icon weather(optional)
- Add Beautiful icon status bar(optional)
- Add Landscape Sense Prism to AutoRotate
- Add Bootanimation Black Theme (AndroidNow)
- Add Camera Panorama 360
- Remove Photo Grid - Removes the dots for low resolution contact pictures
- Mail Exchange Disabled Security - useful if you work email makes you use a pin on phone for work email, decreases security!
- Disable Software Rendering - Forces all rendering to be done by GPU only
- ASOP Style Recent Apps - Changes recent apps style from HTC to android default
- Boot Sound - Enable Sound inclusion when starting
- NFC Notification Icon - Remove power saving persistent notification
- OpenVPN Support - Enable VPN Support
- SQLite Support - Enable SQLite Support
- Disable Noise Suppression - Use this only if people have trouble hearing you / phone only European
- 30 Steps Volume Mod - Finer control of volume, might cause issue with some 3rd party apps
- PureXAudio - Greatly enhance your audio entertainment Many other changes
This tutorial is only for HTC One (All Variant). Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC One in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and HTC One. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest ClockworkMod Recovery Installed. [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based AndroidNow NG ROM on HTC One (All Variant).
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- AndroidNow NG Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM For HTC One (All Variant)
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Sense 5.5 based AndroidNow NG ROM on HTC One (All Variant)
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your HTC One.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into HBOOT menu, from there select Recovery [use volume buttons to scroll and Power button to select]. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back into your previous ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the AndroidNow NG Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin. Customize your installation through Aroma now.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your HTC One and boot up into rooted Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM AndroidNow NG.
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM AndroidNow NG with Sense 5.5 is now installed and running on your HTC One (All Variant). [source]